Michael F. Snyder
Michael’s natural and engaging approach in laying out alternatives and potential outcomes is genuinely appreciated by clients. He advances their causes with all-encompassing intellectual property portfolio management including experience in patent, trademark and copyright prosecution as well as litigation. Michael also counsels and advises clients with regard to due diligence matters including intellectual property clearance, licensing and acquisition.
His intellectual property portfolio management work covers prosecuting domestic and foreign patents and trademarks, representing client interests in transactional matters and performing due diligence investigations. Michael’s experience in inter partes matters covers litigation and alternative dispute resolution proceedings concerning patents, trademarks, trade dress, unfair competition, non-competition agreements, trade-secrets and internet domain names.
Michael’s clients range from local startups to companies having a worldwide footprint, representing a wide variety of industries and technologies. His work has included handling trade dress litigation for a national casino chain, obtaining trademark protection for restaurant chains, managing the worldwide patent portfolio for global companies, brand management for professional athletes, reviewing copyright agreements for authors, and litigating patent, trade dress and trademark disputes in the field of action sports. Michael also frequently provides legal commentary on topical intellectual property news stories for the Philadelphia area media.
Previous Work and Industry Experience
Michael formerly practiced as a licensed pharmacist before entering into his law career in intellectual property. He has been an instructor of Pharmacy Law at Temple University School of Pharmacy since 1995.
Life Beyond Law
I am lucky enough to consider so many of my clients to be good friends.
- Ten Volpe and Koenig Attorneys Recognized in the 2020 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America Rankings08.15.2019
In this episode of IP Goes Pop!, Jay Halt, Shareholder at Volpe Koenig, and Ankit Aggarwal, Associate at Volpe Koenig, join Shareholder Michael Snyder to talk about Artificial Intelligence in pop culture. They discuss inventorship and how it can become even more complicated when Artificial Intelligence is added to the picture.
This week on IP Goes Pop!, Joseph Gushue, Shareholder with Volpe Koenig, joins fellow Shareholder Michael Snyder to talk about IP “urban legends.” What is an IP urban legend? That would be misinformation circulating about patents, trademarks, copyrights, or trade secrets that sounds right, but is not quite right (certainly not from a legal standpoint).
This week IP Goes Pop! watches the documentary Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem, and Madness*, the popular Netflix documentary series about self-titled Joe Exotic. Michael Snyder is joined this week by fellow Volpe Koenig shareholder John O’Malley, head of the firm’s Trademark Group.
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 05.05.2020
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 09.13.2019
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 09.04.2019
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 01.23.2019
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 10.11.2018
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 06.22.2018
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 04.17.2018
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 04.02.2018
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 03.30.2018
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 02.27.2018
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 02.26.2018
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 02.06.2018
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 11.20.2017
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 11.08.2017
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 10.04.2017
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 05.31.2017
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 05.23.2017
- The Clock Runs Out On Laches: Supreme Court Eliminates Laches as a Defense to Patent Suits Brought Within the Statutory Six Year Statute of LimitationsImagine That IP Law Blog, 03.21.2017
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 01.27.2017
- Swimming With “Shark Tank”: An Intellectual Property Perspective Season 8, Episode 13 (originally aired January 13, 2017)Imagine That IP Law Blog, 01.13.2017
- Swimming With “Shark Tank”: An Intellectual Property Perspective Season 8, Episode 12 (originally aired January 6, 2017)Imagine That IP Law Blog, 01.06.2017
Selected by attorney peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America®, published by Best Lawyers LLC, (2013-2020)
Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., cum laude
Temple University, B.S., Pharmacy, magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the District Court for New Jersey
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office