Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity and inclusion is prominently highlighted as one of Volpe Koenig’s core values. We believe that creating a truly diverse culture benefits everyone and fosters a sense of belonging. Our firm comprises exceptional professionals and staff from different backgrounds, viewpoints and experiences.
It is our policy--from recruitment through employment and promotion, partnership consideration, training, and work assignments-- to provide equal opportunity at all times without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability.
Our commitment to diversity goes beyond recruiting. From the firm’s Diversity Committee initiatives to our memberships, sponsorships and charitable giving programs, we strive to foster an environment of tolerance and inclusion where every staff member can thrive and contribute.
Diversity and Inclusion Committee
Volpe Koenig’s formal Diversity and Inclusion Committee, comprising shareholders and associates, meets regularly to provide guidance for the firm’s overall program. Its mission is to foster creative thinking that raises awareness of issues that lead to a more satisfied, engaged and innovative workforce.
The Committee plans internal and external initiatives with a focus on recruitment, education, and meaningful interactions and dialogue. The Committee also influences employee policies such as
- Work/Life Programs
- Womens’ Initiatives
- Mentoring Programs
- Staff trainings on Diversity Awareness topics
- Participation in community events and sponsorships with a diversity focus
Volpe Koenig supports a number of organizations that share our goal of empowerment through diversity. The firm and its professionals are pleased to be a member, sponsor or supporter of:
• Anti-Defamation League Glass Leadership Institute
• Girls, Inc.
• Anti-Defamation League- Philadelphia Walk Against Hate
• American Bar Association
• Asian Pacific American Bar Association
• Brehon Law Society
• Chinese National Group of AIPPI
• Citizens Diplomacy International
• Community Design Collaborative
• French American Chamber of Commerce
• International Trademark Association
• International Association of Privacy Professionals
• Irish Immigration Center
• Justinian Society
• Louis D. Brandeis Law Society
• Minds Matter of Philadelphia
• South Asian Bar Association (SABA) of Philadelphia
• Women Against Abuse
In addition, Volpe Koenig has given more than $500,000 in grants to area non-profit organizations through its IPromise Charitable Giving Fund program.
Creating a truly diverse culture benefits everyone and fosters a sense of belonging.