Privacy and Data Security
From blockchain and cloud computing to cosmetics and brick and mortar—governmental bodies, startups and global conglomerates are confronted with fundamental obligations to safeguard privacy and data security for all stakeholders.
Every organization collecting and storing customer, client and other sensitive data faces exceptional challenges in protecting that data and complying with constantly evolving rules and regulations emanating from different platforms, industries, states, nations and economic regions. Beyond compliance, the specter of a data breach lurks in waiting.
Our clients are industry leaders in a myriad of high technology enterprises, including wireless communications, medical devices, image processing, artificial intelligence, processing and manufacturing, and electrical technology and components. We work closely with scientists and technology transfer officers in pre-eminent research-based universities, protecting their inventions in areas such as biologics, bioinformatics, epigenetics, genomics, proteomics and other fields facing data, privacy, confidentiality and medical ethics responsibilities. We understand our clients’ businesses, technologies, and intellectual property and make every effort to advance their strategic objectives. In protecting clients’ intellectual property, we work closely with our clients and we employ rigorous process-capture methodologies to ensure that all factors are considered. These communication and process tools serve our clients well when it comes to counseling on privacy and data security concerns.
We advise on best practices to protect businesses and collaborate with clients to help them develop and implement policies to manage and safeguard sensitive data and information and keep abreast of ever-changing regulations. If a data breach or loss occurs, we can counsel and assist clients with adhering to all requisite notification laws and regulations.
Clients can rely on us for guidance and representation regarding business strategy, risk management, compliance and response regarding their privacy and data security concerns, including.
- Data security and breach preparedness audits
- Counseling clients on compliance, risk management, compliance and business strategy
- Consulting with clients on privacy by design and data security issues for new product and service offerings
- Preparing privacy and data security policies and procedures
- Crisis response and management for data security incidents
- Due diligence, including buy-side and sell-side technology transactions
- Drafting and negotiating agreements with third-party vendors
- International data transfer consultation
- Website policies and terms and conditions
- Data breach litigation
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 03.30.2018