Volpe Koenig’s mechanical group comprises professionals with experience in a diverse array of mechanical and electro-mechanical technologies. Our lawyers, agents, and technical advisors have bachelors and advanced degrees across the spectra of the mechanical arts. Some members of our team have practical industry experience or prior experience as Patent Examiners for the USPTO. Several of our professionals are or were registered Professional Engineers.
Our mechanical group professionals prepare and prosecute both utility and design patents directed to various consumer and industrial products and processes in this field. We have an impressive record in matters ranging from patent reissues, reexaminations, and inter partes patent challenges at the USPTO, and also routinely deal with appeals of rejections to the Board of Patent Appeals.
Firm attorneys have also successfully enforced numerous patents obtained for our clients in the mechanical arts. We also provide design consultations, including design around options, as well as clearance and invalidity opinions for our clients who are designing new products for introduction. This can be critical in avoiding third party patents in certain product areas. Additionally, we have successfully defended our clients from third party allegations of infringement as well as infringement actions filed in the U.S. federal courts.
In addition to representing our clients in front of the USPTO and U.S. federal courts, we also represent our clients worldwide by working with our foreign associates to protect and enforce our clients’ intellectual property interests wherever needed.
Our professionals have legal and industry experience in many areas, including :
- Advanced composite materials and manufacture technology
- Aircraft systems
- Automotive engine and transmission components
- Automotive parts
- Battery structures, formation systems and assembly equipment
- Bicycle gear sets, shifters and wheels
- Bone screws and hip replacement parts
- Clutch materials and actuation systems
- Coagulation test equipment and test cells
- Consumer products
- Conveying systems
- Cutting Tools
- Dental implants
- Drug delivery systems
- Electronics Components – Resistors, Capacitors, Transistors
- Engine and transmission components
- Faucet components
- Fluid control automation
- Food preparation and packaging equipment
- Hybrid vehicle drives
- Industrial Cutting and Shaping Equipment
- Industrial machines and equipment
- Laboratory equipment and mixers
- Manufacturing equipment, injection molding
- Medical devices, including endoscopes, implants, catheters, heat expandable implants, occlusion devices, sterilization systems and surgical tools
- Metal forming equipment
- Microfiltration test cells
- Package dimensioning systems
- Paintball markers, masks, and equipment
- Papermaking equipment and fabrics
- Polymeric spinal implants
- Process controls and equipment
- Process scale filtration techniques
- Processing and automation controls and equipment
- Racing bicycle components
- RFID tracking tags, labels and monitoring/tracking systems
- Solenoid valve systems
- Specialized fabrics
- Static control systems and components
- Strollers and Playpens
- Textiles and absorbent materials, cellulosics
- Tissue and absorbent materials and equipment
- Underground tubing – downhole well applications
- Valve lifters
- Variable valve timing systems
- Water Guns
Proficiencies & Successes
- Medical Devices
From well-funded startups to multinational conglomerates, Volpe Koenig has a wide breadth of experience representing clients that design, manufacture and market medical devices.
- Technology Transfer
We work with U.S. and international universities to ensure applications are marketable with enough appeal to entice investors.
- Processing and Manufacturing
We have experience in a diverse range of industries from industrial enzymes for the food science industry to precision products for the automotive industry.
- Robert J. Ballarini
- John M. Bollinger
- Joseph P. Boos
- Dennis F. DeFino, Jr.
- Emily A. Denisco
- Daniel H. Golub
- Patrick S. Griffin
- Danielle N. Gross, Ph.D.
- Thomas P. Gushue
- Randolph J. Huis
- Dawn C. Kerner
- Edward T. La Barr
- Thomas A. Mattioli
- Todd A. Norton
- Ryan W. O'Donnell
- Daniel E. Rose
- Bryan A. Santarelli
- Marina Sigareva, Ph.D.
- Michael F. Snyder
- Brandon R. Theiss
- Nicholas M. Tinari
- Anthony S. Volpe
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 01.21.2022
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 02.11.2020
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 11.06.2019