Dawn C. Kerner
Dawn gets things done. She collaborates closely with her clients to create customized approaches to their patent protection. Her intense focus on understanding each client’s particular goals and business models results in tailored strategies based on their long- and short-term objectives. Dawn is methodical in her approach to drafting patent applications and claims with each client’s endgame in mind, always striving to secure a high-quality patent that is practical and effective.
Dawn’s clients range from small startup companies to global conglomerates. Whatever their size or objectives, Dawn is passionate about providing each with a high-quality work product, in every instance.
She is an adjunct professor of patent prosecution at Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law. Dawn is also a fierce advocate for diversity and inclusion, both within STEM fields and the legal community. She is a founding member of the firm’s Diversity Committee, which is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion within the firm and surrounding community.
Life Beyond Law
Dawn is a working mom and is passionate about the health and fitness of herself and her family. Some of her favorite activities include yoga, boot camps, hiking, and spending time outdoors with her children.
- Volpe Koenig Attorneys and Clients Work Together to Engage High School Students on the Intersection of Law and Technology07.27.2022
- Ten Volpe and Koenig Attorneys Recognized in the 2020 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America Rankings08.15.2019
- Volpe and Koenig Attorneys Discuss IP With Cohort of International Entrepreneurs and Business Leaders03.23.2018
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 04.14.2023
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 03.16.2023
- Good News For Wireless Patent Owners – Improvement in Network Security Held to Be Patent-Eligible Subject MatterImagine That IP Law Blog, 04.09.2019
Dawn helps to protect clients' key intellectual property domestically and globally, and she manages and prosecutes entire patent portfolios, particularly in the technology areas of:
• Wireless communication systems (e.g., 5G, LTE and IEEE 802 technologies)
• Analog and digital circuits
• CMOS imagers, image processing and related optics
• Medical devices and systems
Honors and Activities
- Selected by attorney peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America®, published by Best Lawyers LLC, for Patent Law, Information Technology Law, (2020-2024) View methodology used for selection.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- ChiPs Network, 2018 – Present
- Anti-Defamation League (ADL)
- Regional Board member 2020 - Present
- Associate Board Member 2019 - 2020
- Ben Franklin Technology Partners, Investment Advisory Committee Member, 2019 - Present
Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law, J.D.
The College of New Jersey, B.S., Engineering Science, cum laude
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office