John M. Bollinger
John’s practice focuses on domestic and international patent prosecution, intellectual property litigation and due diligence.
John has experience working with companies ranging from Fortune 500 to mid-sized operations across a broad range of intellectual property issues, including patent prosecution and disclosure requirements to ensure compliance with U.S. Patent and Trademark Office regulations. In particular, John counsels clients in the medical device and electrical space, including the wireless telecommunications industry.
- Represented Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company with formal idea evaluation and complete invention disclosure drafting process to maximize invention harvesting for high value inventions.
- Advised Fortune 500 medical device manufacturer in patent procurement, from preparation of invention disclosure forms, through patent application drafting, filing, and prosecution to patent grant.
- Drafted design patent freedom-to-operate opinions for international manufacturer of professional indoor and outdoor lighting systems.
- Prepared non-infringement opinion in representation of a medical device manufacturer.
- Represented an online retailer in trademark enforcement by handling cease and desist demands and trademark takedowns for infringing marks posted on social media platforms including Facebook and YouTube.
- Provided comprehensive IP compliance with USPTO regulations to Japanese electronics manufacturers in their information disclosure practice before the USPTO.
Previous Work and Industry Experience
Previously, John trained with Intellectual Property Practice Group in the Philadelphia office of a large national firm in the full spectrum of intellectual property issues, including drafting and prosecuting mechanical and chemical patent applications.
Life Beyond Law
John enjoys fishing, skiing, golfing, playing tennis and ice hockey, and grilling and cooking with his family. He’s also interested in European and U.S. history. He routinely catches Flyers games with his wife and kids.
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 04.29.2020
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 11.06.2019
Philadelphia Intellectual Property Law Association
Widener University School of Law/Delaware Law School, J.D.
Vanderbilt University, B.S., European History & German
- New Jersey
U.S. District Court of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court of New Jersey
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office