Life Sciences and Chemistry
Scientific knowledge serves the world. It deserves encouragement and protection. Due to the large number of players and advancements in the rate of innovation, having proper intellectual property protection is critical to successfully maneuvering in this fiercely competitive industry.
Volpe Koenig’s professionals understand the unique science, business and regulatory milestones required to navigate the arduous research and development phases during the innovation life cycle. Our life sciences team includes several Ph.D. scientist attorneys and patent agents with extensive research experience.
In addition to securing patent rights, our attorneys also enforce and defend our clients in patent, trademark, and trade secret disputes, whether through litigation, reexamination, or alternative dispute resolution, such as settlement negotiations, mediation, and arbitration.
Volpe Koenig life sciences group has the legal and scientific experience clients need to provide effective intellectual property strategies to businesses and universities of all sizes and prominence. Our professionals degrees and research backgrounds in molecular biology, chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering, genetics and more, our team has a broad depth of knowledge in a wide array of scientific disciplines.
Our life sciences professionals work closely with universities, start-up companies, and small companies and have developed a thorough understanding of the unique capital and business challenges faced by these organizations. We are committed to providing effective legal counseling at a reasonable cost and with creative rate structures.
Our life sciences team serves most technologies in the life sciences sector including disciplines:
- Biomedical devices
- Bioprocess engineering
- DNA and protein science
- Consumer healthcare products
- Delivery devices
- Industrial chemical compositions
- Molecular engineering
- Pharmaceutical compositions and formulations
- Plant genetics, modification and processing methods
- Small molecules
Proficiencies & Successes
- Medical Devices
From well-funded startups to multinational conglomerates, Volpe Koenig has a wide breadth of experience representing clients that design, manufacture and market medical devices.
- Technology Transfer
We work with U.S. and international universities to ensure applications are marketable with enough appeal to entice investors.
Volpe Koenig’s cannabis team works with distributors, retailers, suppliers, and investors to secure and protect their innovations and brands.
News & Events
News & Events
- USPTO Transitions to Issuing Electronic Patents in April 2023, Expect Less Advance Notice of Issue Dates03.23.2023
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 05.18.2023
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 04.13.2023
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 03.23.2023
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 05.11.2022
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 01.04.2022
- Contradictory FDA/USPTO Regulatory Requirements? Belcher’s Missteps Results in Loss of Patent RightsImagine That IP Law Blog, 10.25.2021
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 08.27.2021
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 08.19.2021
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 03.05.2021
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 05.28.2020
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 04.21.2020
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 03.09.2020
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 10.11.2019
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 09.13.2019
This week on IP Goes Pop! Volpe Koenig attorney and Ph.D., Douglas Bucklin joins co-hosts and shareholders Michael Snyder and Joseph Gushue to travel back in time, and somehow also to the future, to explore intellectual property interests in the area of genetic engineering.
In this episode, Michael, Joe, and Doug discuss, among other pop culture icons, the Jurassic Park movies and how the genetic engineering in those movies relates to science and intellectual property in the real world. They also explore the current status and methodologies of genetic engineering, how intellectual property laws consider DNA, and how close science may be to bringing back the dinosaurs…
Never miss an episode! Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher and other favorite media player platforms