Daniel E. Rose
Daniel provides IP counseling and patent preparation and prosecution in niche subject matter areas of media processing and delivery, artificial intelligence and machine learning (including big data analysis, financial technologies, bioinformatics and diagnostic systems), networking telecommunications, blockchain algorithms, and cyber security.
Daniel has advised companies ranging from NASDAQ 100-listed multinationals to basement startups, and provides advice on domestic and international patent portfolio development, infringement and patentability opinions, post-grant proceedings before the USPTO and IP diligence for mergers and acquisitions. Daniel also provides business intelligence and analysis based on domestic and foreign filing patterns of leading industry competitors. Daniel is an avid educator and author on patent jurisprudence, and has conducted presentations on software patentability as part of continuing legal education for in-house counsel and private attorneys and at software industry conventions to engineers and developers.
Previous Work and Industry Experience
Daniel has been prosecuting patents since 2008, and was formerly a partner at Foley and Lardner, LLP and a patent agent at Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP.
Daniel also has a decade of experience in electrical and broadcast engineering and was the assistant chief engineer for the WBUR Group, Boston’s National Public Radio affiliate. Daniel also holds an EIT certificate from the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying.
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 02.14.2024
- It Might Be Cheaper to Pay Them: Artificial Intelligence, Copyright, and the Hollywood Writers’ StrikeImagine That IP Law Blog, 05.05.2023
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 04.26.2023
- Occupying the Territory: Creative AI Poses A Threat To The Patent System, Will Courts Step Up To Address It? Part 2Imagine That IP Law Blog, 03.20.2023
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 03.19.2023
- Occupying the Territory: Creative AI Poses A Threat To The Patent System, Will Courts Step Up To Address It? Part 1Imagine That IP Law Blog, 03.17.2023
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 03.01.2023
Dan has extensive experience in technologies such as:
- Network communications, acceleration, and data compression
- Bioinformatics and diagnostic methods
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning systems
- Big data processing, including blockchain technologies for the financial industry
- Cybersecurity and cryptography
- Signal processing and communications, including audio/video coding and post-processing
- Wireless Communications, including 4G and 5G technologies
- Machine virtualization and alternative delivery environments, including software-as-a-service (SaaS), platform-as-a-service (PaaS), and infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS)
- Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR/VR) including virtual environments for teleconferencing, video games, and occupational training
Suffolk University Law School, J.D. magna cum laude
University of Massachusetts at Lowell, B.M. Audio Engineering cum laude
- U. S. Patent and Trademark Office