3rd Annual Power of Intellectual Property and Raising Capital- March 16, 2022
Working with Angel Venture Fair, Volpe Koenig is running the third Power of Intellectual Property and Raising Capital seminar on Wednesday, March16, 2022 at Quorum at the University City Science Center.
7:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.- Registration
8:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. -Volpe Koenig attorneys explain the various Intellectual Property options providing the following information:
- Type of intellectual property and how it is used
- Time it takes to file
- Time it takes on average to receive approvals
- Estimated budgeting costs for different intellectual property
8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. Panel of early stage companies that have filed for different intellectual property
- The time and expense
- The value they found from doing it
- What they learned that they didn’t know before the process
- How investors valued their IP when raising capital
Moderator: Patrick S. Griffin, Associate
Michael Daley, Principal Cognate Consultants LLC, founder OrthogenRx, Inc.
Stephen Geday, founder/CEO, Mutually United, Inc.
Brian Scott, CEO of Pitt Moss (a Shark Tank Invested Company)
Rob Weber, co-founder of Agile Switch and partner at Antiphony Partners
9:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Entrepreneurs Presenting and Getting Feedback from Investors
Mical Jeanlys-White, founder/CEO, Bankmore
Zachary Starr, founder/CEO, Wasser Innovations
9:30 a.m. to 10: a.m. Panel of investors talking about the value of IP when evaluating companies.
- What IP holds the greatest value
- What IP holds the least amount of value
- How investors value IP
- What are the biggest mistakes companies make related to IP
Moderator: Marc Kramer, executive director, Private Investors Forum
RJ Lewis, member, Delaware Crossing
Brett Topche, Co-founder and Managing Director at Red & Blue Ventures
Ellen Weber, Executive Director, Robin Hood Ventures