CLE- Trade Secrets, Confidentiality Protections and Enforcement Strategies
1 p.m. EST
Contrary to patent protection that requires public disclosure of the invention, trade secrets require that the secret cannot be publicly divulged. In a business environment, it seems unrealistic to maintain secrecy without some disclosure to others, such as employees and suppliers, who are engaged in the activity associated with the trade secret. When you add in the challenges of protecting trade secrets across a dynamic work environment and multiple geographies, what must be done to protect the value of a trade secret?
This webinar focuses on what trade secrets are, why organizations may want to use them, the mitigation of risk for unwanted disclosure, and the requirements and risk associated with enforcement of trade secrets.
Attendees will gain a better understanding of:
- The distinctions between patents and trade secrets
- Sources of trade secret law
- Employee onboarding and procedures for protecting trade secrets
- Practices to protect trade secrets with exiting employees
- Enforcement of trade secrets
- Pitfalls with attempting to protect trade secrets
- The impact of possible FTC rules on Non-compete Agreement
- Jurisdictional issue with multi-national operations
This course has been approved for 1 Substantive CLE credit by the Pennsylvania CLE Board.
Ryan W. O’Donnell, Shareholder
Anthony S. Volpe, Shareholder