IPromise Application Criteria
- Organization must be a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization under U.S. Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3).
- Organization must be at least two years old at time of application.
- Organization must submit proof of 501(c)(3) status with application.
- Organization has an annual operating budget of less than $10 million.
- Organization must be headquartered in, and serve the population of, any Philadelphia Metro area defined as:
- Bucks County, PA
- Chester County, PA
- Delaware County, PA
- Montgomery County, PA
- Philadelphia County, PA
- Burlington County, NJ
- Camden County, NJ
- Gloucester County, NJ
The following organizations are not eligible for an IPromise Grant:
- Organizations promoting religious affiliations or political activities
- Programs accessible only to paying membership
- Scholarships, fellowships or tuition assistance programs
- Government agencies
- Organizations that have as their primary activity the making of grants to other charitable organizations and to individuals, rather than the direct operation of charitable programs
- Recipients of IPromise grants within the past five years (since January 2018).
The 2023 Application Process*
Jun 12 Applications Open
Aug 18 Applications Close
Sep 9 Three finalists will be notified and asked to schedule a 30-minute presentation before the IPromise Committee
Sep- Oct Finalist presentations
Nov 7 Grant winner notified
Nov 28 Public announcement
Dec Grant funds disbursed
*Selection, notification and fund disbursement dates approximate and subject to change