Tianlin (David) brings extensive experience drafting and prosecuting patent applications to Volpe Koenig in an advisory role.
Previously a patent attorney in China, David has represented various clients in patent prosecutions, litigations, license negotiations and settlement discussions before the Intellectual Property Court of Beijing, the Patent Reexamination Board (PRB) of State Intellectual Property Office (SIPO) and SIPO.
David’s license to practice as an attorney in the U.S. is pending completion of the New York State Bar requirements.
- Represented a Chinese manufacturer of computer cables and connectors in an appeal to the Intellectual Property Court of Beijing.
- Represented a laptop fan manufacturer from Taiwan in an appeal to the Intellectual Property Court of Beijing.
- Represented a Korean display manufacturer before the Patent Reexamination Board of SIPO to Petition for inter parties Review.
- Represented a multinational provider of consumer electronics products in a patent infringement action before the Intellectual Property Court of Beijing.
- Represented a well-known cell phone provider in a patent invalidity application to Patent Reexamination Board of SIPO, which successfully obtained invalidity of all asserted patent claims on multiple grounds.
- Represented a real estate development company in application for retrial of contract dispute before the Supreme Court of China.
- Represented a new energy company of Norway in a contract litigation case before District Court of Jiangsu Province.
Life Beyond Law
David is an avid photographer and also enjoys cooking. He is a registered cook in China.
- Imagine That IP Law Blog, 06.26.2020
David has a wide array of experience in computer-related and other electrical technology areas, such:
- Consumer electronics
- Artificial intelligence
- Electrical engineering
- Automatic control
- Network and image processing
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property
- Asian American Bar Association of New York
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Beijing Lawyers Association
- All China Lawyers Association
Elisabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University, J.D.
Master of Diplomacy Studies, China Foreign Affairs University
Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, B.S., Computer Science and Engineering,
- Patent Bar of China